Monday, November 23, 2009

180 more days...

It's finally starting to sink in...

I believe that most of us had the same feeling when our Cruisemaster and Cruisemistress, Ken and Cindy, announced this grand idea... 

"Wow!  Is this for real?  It sounds great!!!  But at the same time, its not really sinking in yet..."

Well, for me, it is finally sinking in.  It really hit me a couple of days ago when I saw some of the room pictures, and the incredible views from the balconies.   Originally I had thought, "Ah, who cares about the room.  We won't be doing much but changing and sleeping there."  And while that is still true to some degree, I am pretty excited about the room now, including the balcony.

Also setting in is the length of this adventure.  While I have taken a week off from work for vacation in the past, it was usually broken up into a series of small adventures.  A day trip here, a few days there.  But this is different.  Again, once in a lifetime.

Yep, its really sinking in.  And much like how Mom and Dad got to enjoy the anticipation of OPERATION: Goldfish for some time, we are all getting to enjoy the anticipation of OPERATION: Poisson Rouge.  That's what this blog is really all about for me.  An excuse to immerse myself in the thought of this adventure as it unfolds.  Getting to enjoy it many times over before even pulling out of the driveway for the first leg of the trip. 

180 more days.  I can hardly wait.

Now, more than ever, looking forward to seeing all of you on deck 13!
M&M

1 comment: