Wednesday, February 3, 2010

108 more days....

*Movie Review*

Just Released in Theaters!




"An ambitious young New Yorker (Kristen Bell), disillusioned with romance, takes a whirlwind trip to Rome where she defiantly plucks magic coins from a fountain of love, inexplicably igniting the passion of those who threw them in: a sausage magnate (Danny DeVito), a street magician (Jon Heder), an adoring painter (Will Arnett) and a self-admiring model (Dax Shepard). But when a charming reporter (Josh Duhamel) pursues her with equal zest, how will she know if his love is the real thing?





The movie is centered around the "Fontana Di Amore"...although, I can not find this fountain on any map of Rome (it was built for the film in piazza borghese; that's Hollywood!...they take the magic of the Trevi Fountain, construct a fantasy fountain and add a twist!) The movie got luke warm reviews, at best, but I'd still like to see it...(yea, it's a cheesy "chick-flick")...just to get a peak at the sites in Rome...although Hollywood magic filmed the bulk of this box-office flop in New York City...is there a comparison to Rome?...again, that's Hollywood! Still, if we can find this fountain while we are in Rome, I'd enjoy the opportunity of tossing (or plucking) a few coins myself...after all, you never know who you might meet!...(just no fish mongers, please!)


...and here's a curious footnote...lead actress, Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard, the self-admiring model are recently engaged in real life!

Care to see the trailer? CLICK HERE and take a look!


Cruise along and enjoy...^_~

Karen

8 comments:

  1. Pants on the ground
    Pants on the ground
    Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either Cindy has had an American Idol overload or those are some good meds....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!!!!...*sigh of relief*...Thanks Mo!...I thought it was something I said in today's blog to deserve Cindy's comment!...I don't want to look like a fool with MY pants on the ground!!!...I thought the same thing...AI overload...or that neck brace is a wee bit too tight!...Get Well Cyn!...and have Ken check that neck brace, would ya?...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Back on Topic*...So, anyone interested in seeing this movie?...looks cute...and I love the line..."Would somebody call the vet because these puppies are sick!"...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing in the blog Karen - just wanted to use the phrase. Maybe I'm not handling my meds well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched the trailer and it looks cute with some laughs, but I can wait for the DVD. Heck, I could purchase it for the price of two tickets to the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pants... That's deck 15. Don't go there...

    Favorite line from trailer: Call a vet!

    ReplyDelete