Wednesday, March 31, 2010

52 more days...

DINING ETIQUETTE

Tips for European Dining

A big part of any cruise vacation is the EATING part! It is important to remember that there will be many people sharing the dining experience with us and that we should be on our best behavior. (did I hear a collective sigh of disappointment?) This may not be as easy as it sounds since I have personally witnessed our family in action while dining out. I can recall napkins being fashioned into pirate hats, boisterous outbursts, helium munchkin singing, and, dare I say, howling while at a fine restaurant. (OK, in honor of Tootie, I suppose we could do a howl...softly!) Unfortunately, we will not have the luxury of having our own dining area where we can act like a bunch of uncivilized tourists...no...we will need to practice some restraint and mind our table manners. After all, we don't want to be kicked off the ship!


European dining differs slightly from American style dining. The following video will help you to understand the differences and educate you in proper table etiquette.





I know we will all be well behaved and enjoy fine cuisine and conversation while on our Mediterranean cruise adventure...and if the rules of etiquette are too much to handle, there is always room service!



Cruise along and enjoy...^_~



Karen

4 comments:

  1. WOW much etiquette information. But we did not see the proper way to twirl spaghetti pasta with fork and spoon or was that covered by the first picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry y'all. I know how to burp all dainty-like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not really sure how I'll be able to eat "European" style when apparently I don't eat "American" style correctly. << Sigh >>

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm guessing tossing a roll across the table to someone is out.

    ReplyDelete