Wednesday, April 28, 2010

24 more days...

So who thought I would forget to submit my blog on time?   :-)

What are we doing in Barcelona you ask?  Andy/Dad/Pop Pop was simply brillant with this quote: Actually I do not plan to "plan ahead" for Barcelona but instead, upon arrival, decide what to do based on available energy after a long airplane ride, what is still available and what seems appealing at the time.

Maureen and Karen are experiencing Barcelona to the hilt...but my money is on Mo.  1. She filled out the survey before even me (I admit to waiting though) 2. Mo filled out the "Other" text box with like 3 or 4 sites she came up with on her own.  Sounds like a woman with a plan, map and iternery.  Minimally we can all meet up on Las Ramblas as we've all unanimously said we'd be strolling/shopping.  Ken and I are going to stalk Mo though.

This family is so like minded - we are all looking to drop a couple of pounds before the cruise -- which works perfectly for the couple of pounds a cruise adds to one's waist line.  We are also not dead set on buying any souvenirs - that's ashame Ken and I thought we'd be showered with plastic snow globes :-)

Speaking of like minded most of us will be eating the scrumptous seafood offerings in Barcelona.  It should be simple for us to stop off at a Tapas bar for seafood. 

What we decided to splurge on was all very cruise related such as suitcase, comfortable shoes, messenger bag (check out my messenger bag!) but Ken's response was priceless -- he said his splurge is the cruise.

Well that's it for now.  Get ready for questions about what we are doing in Naples.  Oh my did you see that?  I think that was the Naked Man of Barcelona!

4 comments:

  1. Snow globes? I was thinking those little metal statues of some famous landmark. Or refrigerator magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was planning on picking up a "thank you" bobble-head, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...taking a red eye flight - tiring

    ...strolling Las Ramblas - interesting

    ...getting a picture of the Naked Man of Barcelona...PRICELESS!

    Bring your camera with fresh batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cyn for including my quote but the only thing I forgot was that Nana may have "other plans".
    Andy/Dad/Pop

    ReplyDelete