Saturday, May 8, 2010

14 more days...

This week's answers were the best yet - thanks for the responses. 

I think the most valuable answers came from father and son in response to the question about thwarting pick-pocketers.  Dad and Ken's Q and A goes like this (Mom/Karen you may wish to skip this section). 

Q: What if anything are you doing to thwart pick pockets?
Dad's A: Thinking about just wearing a speedo.
Ken's A: Kick them in their funny place.



Q: What will you be taking off shore with you and how will you be storing it?
Dad's A: Money, can't fit much in a speedo [though].
Ken's A: money in my shorts.

Q: How much money are you bringing into port?
Dad's A: 50 Euros if it fits.
Ken's A: 2 dollars.


My interjection: Looks like someone got short changed.
Ken's interjection: Dad should be able to fit way much more in his speedos.
 
And not to be outdone Mike too is obsessed with his shorts and will be storing his money in his underwear.  Mike takes the prize as he will be storing 300 big ones in his briefs {I swear to god I typed 'big ones' before I realized the double entendre}. 

Michael very astutely asked (my spelling must be atrocious) how there are 296 steps in the Leaning Tower to run up while there are 294 steps to walk up.  The running or walking is not part of the equation here.  But depending what side of the Tower you start at there are a different number of steps.  This is thanks to the sandy substrate the tower was built upon.  BTW while spewing useless information the Leaning Tower of Pisa is NOT the only tower that leans; many do because of poor substrate. 

Over and out.  See ya in Provence next.

2 comments:

  1. Guess the average is 295 steps. "NOT the only tower that leans" - My - My, didn't know that. Is that like "Copy of David".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Mike wasn't wearing underwear?

    ReplyDelete